It is that time of the year when feverish preparations begin – the Examination Fever. Many young students are receiving ready for the greatest test of their academic lives, one that’ll determine their selection of career and how their futures will shape up. The 10th standard examinations or Board Examinations follow many patterns in line with the syllabi and the academic councils the schools are affiliated to. Getting high marks and percentages overall in all subjects is key to enhancing likelihood of a great education in a reputed institution; therefore students should take extra steps in equipping themselves well in the preparations for exam study.
Students as of this level have six to seven subjects with allocation of marks and grades combined for a subject grouping. Mathematics and Science take predominance over other subjects like Social Studies, English or Other Languages waec runz. The reason being for many technical courses post school and getting admitted into college be determined by excellent percentages in both of these subjects. While subjects like English be determined by the student’s excellent uptake of grammar and presentation of answers in a nice format with the relevant points concisely written, Mathematics and Science depend largely on accuracy in answers and results.
Some examination strategies for High School
• By understanding the format of exams corresponding to the syllabus undertaken, a student can workout a study schedule according to subjects that need more attention and time. Having a timetable based subject-wise and topic-wise will greatly benefit your study schedule; always remember to complete the schedule as per the timetable you’ve prepared
• Discussing previous question paper samples and guides helps obtain an insight into the kind of questions that can be expected and prepare a mental plan on how best to answer the questions
• Resorting to malpractices or depending entirely on memorizing content may be disastrous. In the event of exam panic or perhaps a wrong move, the mind goes into a freeze making thinking and recollection difficult. It is way better to know content, rephrase questions how best to bring out the answers and keep doing the tasks over and over to perfect the technique and analyze and correct mistakes, especially in problem solving
• One of the greatest approaches to retain content the student has read is to publish down points or make brief notes that will help to remember key points to prepare the flow of content
• When in doubt, seek help. Parents, teachers, friends, guides are usually around to help clear doubts. Published guides help but where they fail is the kind of one on one interaction that you’ll have with peers and superiors
• Learn to rehearse time management which is very essential in answering question papers. Practicing writing speeds can help improve answering skills when time is of utmost importance
Besides these academic tips, there are many the areas that the student must keep in mind when get yourself ready for Board exams.
i. Choose a study area without distractions and ambient noises from traffic, TV screens, computers and other gadgets that can be quite a disturbance or intrusion. Conversations with friends may be restricted to instances when you have a break from studying
ii. Getting proper nutrition, exercise and sleep recharges your body and fills it with energy resources which are very essential. Skipping meals and sleeping less will tire your body and mind and give you exhausted by enough time examinations arrive
iii. Avoid places and situations that will cause anger and negative emotions to surface. The unnecessary anxiety and worry will not help in any way
iv. Always take constant breaks from study to re-energize the mind and body. Cramming the brain with an excessive amount of information or a lot of facts in a short span of time is not just a good idea. Take time off to indulge in a popular hobby like listening to music, painting or photography; opting for a short walk and meeting friends for a walk is recommended provided this does not cut into your daily study schedule and you have the ability to get back to study mode again